Thursday 3 March 2016

My First Post!

Hi guys! 

Firstly, I have to confess, my name isn't really Lola Offee, it comes from my favourite perfume, Lola by Marc Jacobs and my favourite Star Wars character, Barriss Offee! (who I dress up as with the Emerald Garrison to raise money for charity!) I plan to use this blog to share my thoughts on planner related things and I may possibly share some of my sewing projects as well! 

Secondly, I have become a complete planner addict! Every year I hunted for the perfect A5 Diary to keep everything in and every year I ended up with a bog standard diary, usually from Poundland because I just couldn't find one I loved! Clearly this has changed from January 2016. I found The Happy Planner on my search for a diary for this year! 
I need a planner that can literally hold my life! I work a part time job but I sew like crazy on my days off and I really need to keep track of everything! This is why I love my Happy Planner! I love that I can be creative even in my planning now! I always loved stickers as a child and I had quite the sticker collection, if only I could find it now eh! So this whole style of creative planning really excites me :) 

Now onto some photos! 




This is currently my make up table, which I'm having to double up on until I can afford the add on unit to make it bigger so I can use it as both a make up table and a planning area! This is from Ikea and on the right side it has a flip up mirror with storage :) You can see my all time fav perfume makes an appearance to! I haven't got my jewellery sorted as I just moved house! 

  
 My beautiful Lola :) 



I got this cocktail bowl from Poundland last night to store my favourite washi tapes! I've collected over 100 from January! It's an addiction, I probably need help. However, I did 20 rolls on Aliexpress for £10!! That's 50p a roll, and they are all 10m rolls. I actually have seen the same rolls in stores and online for £1.50-£3.50! I also get washi from pound shops, The Works, Tiger, Ikea and Paperchase. 



My Paperchase washi tape. I had a 15% off to use so I got this for like £6.80 I think. You should sign up to their 'treat me' scheme its really good! It's like a boots card for stationary! 



Now to finish off my first ever post, I'm going to leave you with my favourite ever layout! I adore Disney, I want to work there making costumes someday, so I'm a real Disnerd. I made these stickers myself in Word, using the Princess images I found on Google! I then made matching boxes in word. The cute cupcakes are a free printable I got in a Facebook Group. I made some inserts also, I received my Honeymoon photos that week from Gloria Villa of our shoot in Disneyland Paris, so I printed my favourite one out. Also I made that mermaid inspired dress which I loved so I included some photos of Kelly in that! She owns Kelly's Princess Parties and she's awesome! 
I'm sure you've noticed that my Happy Planner is in a binder, I made a rash decision which I'm still not sure about but I do have my eye on the new ones!!

I hope you've enjoyed my first post, if you have, leave a comment, say Hello :) 

Until next time, 

Lola x

6 comments:

  1. Just purchase the new happy planner but I love the binder system better..do you have some tips on cutting the pages down to fit into franklin binder...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make sure you have a sharp cutter firstly! Mine was not great so some of my pages are a bit raggedy! Also I only had a one hole punch so it was a lot of work! I trimmed right against the tops of the little mushrooms and I used a corner rounder but that's really all I had to do! I miss the disc system especially since they now have a punch! And the dokibook discagenda punch looks like it will fit the happy planner as well, so I think I'm going to get a new one and use it and make this one like a memory keeping one or the other way round I'm not sure yet!

      Delete